Mama Lola’s Tortillas, a manufacturer of authentic tortillas, wraps and chips, is in search of an experienced IT professional to fill the position of ERP & Information Systems Specialist. The desired candidate will play an integral role in maintaining and improving the company’s existing IT platform to ensure proper functionality and cohesive performance across all platforms. In addition, this position will be responsible for identifying, implementing and maintaining a new ERP system, with further responsibilities for the Company’s growing IT infrastructure needs. This role reports to the Executive Vice President.
The IT Specialist will immediately play an integral role in working with our software and service providers in streamlining our IT platforms to function at peak efficiency. In addition, the IT Specialist will provide daily enterprise-wide server and desktop administration tasks and provide support for enterprise systems and services on the QuickBooks and Microsoft Windows Server platforms, including but not limited to LaceUp, and E-Processing as well as the SQL Server in either local or cloud/hosted environments.
Daily tasks include installing, upgrading and monitoring servers, personal computers, software and hardware and managing/programming managed data switches, routers, and wireless controllers and access points. The IT Specialists will maintain the essentials such as operating systems, business applications, security tools, web-servers, email, laptop, and desktop PCs.
In addition, this role will oversee the implementation, maintenance and ongoing development of an ERP system new to the Company. This individual will project manage and advise on best practices for the effective and efficient implementation of an ERP, while simultaneously becoming a subject matter expert in the content and tools necessary to maintain and maximize its capabilities. On a longer-term basis, this individual will be responsible for the overall maintenance of the Company’s information technology. The ideal candidate will have experience with ERP implementation project management, specifically with ProcessPro or similar type systems, and will have sufficient experience to maintain and operate an ever-growing IT infrastructure.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- This candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and optimization of the Company’s IT infrastructure, including hardware, software, and network design components.
- Organize, plan, and implement software across all systems
- Work with onsite and offsite vendors to ensure compliance with their SLA’s
- Plan and direct work-streams for other members of the development team, and partners
- Make data driven decisions as well as someone who is comfortable analyzing complex solutions
- Coordinates training and orientation for new technology users and helps them become familiar with the equipment and networks.
- Ensures all users benefit from effective technology and efficient Internet access, and continually assesses needs and requirements.
- Manages support, troubleshooting, and repair for IT equipment and networks.
- Establishes relationships with technology and component vendors.
- Oversees IT support department staff, including education, and training.
- Develops and maintains emergency plans to address equipment, power, or security failure to ensure preservation of technology and data.
- Has a thorough understanding of available technology and performs research to learn about innovative solutions and new releases.
- Attends and presents meetings and all-staff presentations within the company to remain up to date regarding new developments.
- Offers specialized expertise in IT demands for the food manufacturing industry.
- This individual will be the integral piece to a successful ERP implementation project, with continued responsibility for the maintenance and maximization of the available features. This will include, but not be limited to:
- Data migration and maintaining data integrity to maximize the ease of future utilization of the software.
- Identifying software gaps and suggesting alternative solutions to solve user’s business issues.
- Systems testing and error resolution.
- Assisting with planning and conducting training classes for end users.
- Manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and spans of authority to project personnel.
- Establish and execute a project communication plan.
- Schedule and facilitate projects meetings.
- Utilizing outstanding people management skills, including ability to collaborate with peers and various levels of personnel.
- Communicate cross-functionally to understand the information-based needs of the various departments. This includes gathering, analyzing and translating functional requirements into technical design documents.
- Perform technical and functional analysis and system administration tasks to support system performance, maintenance, enhancement, configuration, and expansion.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred. Consideration for equivalent combination of education.
- PMP or PMI Certification and proven project management experience
- Requires 5 years of prior work experience with information technology
- Prior ERP system implementation experience (3+ years) preferred
- Proven experience learning business quickly and in a team environment
- Strong Microsoft Office applications knowledge
- Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles technologies and business functions
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed.
Salary: $75,000 – $85,000 annually, commensurate with experience