WE CURRENTLY HAVE TWO (2) OPEN POSITIONS TO SUPPORT OUR DAY AND EVENING PRODUCTION.
This individual will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Receives information from Supervisor on product to be produced.
- Maintains close communication with Production Supervisor/Manager regarding product parameters, and Corn cooking specifications.
- Gathers raw material.
- Measures, records and adjusts machine and Tubs temperatures to maintain product consistency and appearance with specifications.
- Be prepared to make product changes as needed.
- Monitor cooking process and appearance all times.
- Properly fills out all records and reports, in accordance with applicable work instructions.
- Verifies equipment is in good working condition.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
- Provides suggestions to improve process, procedures and department in support of company goals.
- Follows Company, GMP and Safety policies to ensure compliance.
- Follows all food safety principles and legal requirements.
- Maintains a positive and constructive work environment within the department as well as with the other departments and promotes teamwork.
- Maintain the work area clean.
- During an emergency involving fire, flood or bodily injury go directly to the Manager on Duty and report emergency.
- Responsible for following safety practices such as wearing Protective Personal Equipment (PPE).
- End of shift -disconnect machinery, store tools, shut down gas in ovens, etc.
- Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in food manufacturing such as tortilla factories, and or bread is highly preferred.
- Preferable minimum 1 year as machine operator experience in manufacturing environment
- Preferable knowledge in HACCP and Food Safety Programs
- Good Communication skills
- Preferable Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Able to read and write
- Must be comfortable communicating to team members and leadership staff
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull with pallet jacket pallets containing between four (4) to six (6) fifty (50) lbs bags of corn or flour
- Must have Food Handlers Card/Certification
- Temperature: Ability to work in a hot environment within temperatures of 100 degrees or more – especially during the summer periods
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps, poles and using feet and legs and / or hands and arms,
- Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward bending spine at the waits.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on level surface
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.