WE CURRENTLY HAVE TWO (2) OPEN POSITIONS TO SUPPORT OUR DAY AND EVENING PRODUCTION. This individual will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Receives information from Supervisor on product to be produced.
2. Maintains close communication with Production Supervisor/Manager regarding product parameters, and Corn cooking specifications.
3. Gathers raw material.
4. Measures, records and adjusts machine and Tubs temperatures to maintain product consistency and appearance with specifications.
5. Be prepared to make product changes as needed.
6. Monitor cooking process and appearance all times.
7. Properly fills out all records and reports, in accordance with applicable work instructions.
8. Verifies equipment is in good working condition.
9. Assists in the training of new employees.
10. Provides suggestions to improve process, procedures and department in support of company goals.
11. Follows Company, GMP and Safety policies to ensure compliance.
12. Follows all food safety principles and legal requirements.
13. Maintains a positive and constructive work environment within the department as well as with the other departments and promotes teamwork.
14. Maintain the work area clean.
15. During an emergency involving fire, flood or bodily injury go directly to the Manager on Duty and report emergency.
16. Responsible for following safety practices such as wearing Protective Personal Equipment (PPE).
17. End of shift -disconnect machinery, store tools, shut down gas in ovens, etc.
18. Other duties, as assigned.
Interested in this position? Make sure you meet the requirements below.
Job Qualifications and Physical Requirements
Experience in food manufacturing such as tortilla factories, and or bread is highly preferred.
Preferable minimum 1 year as machine operator experience in manufacturing environment
Preferable knowledge in HACCP and Food Safety Programs
Good Communication skills
Preferable Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Able to read and write
Must be comfortable communicating to team members and leadership staff
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Must be able to push and pull with pallet jacket pallets containing between four (4) to six (6) fifty (50) lbs bags of corn or flour
Must have Food Handlers Card/Certification
Temperature: Ability to work in a hot environment within temperatures of 100 degrees or more – especially during the summer periods
Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps, poles and using feet and legs and / or hands and arms,
Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking.
Stooping: Bending body downward and forward bending spine at the waits.
Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on level surface
Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
About the company
Mama Lola's, LLC dba Mama Lola's Tortillas ("Mama Lola's") headquartered in Phoenix, AZ is a leading regional manufacturer of fresh, organic and preservative free tortillas, tortilla chips and related products.
Founded in 1987, Mama Lola's produces corn and flour tortillas in a variety of flavors, shapes, colors and sizes with the goal of producing the healthiest options at the lowest cost.
Mama Lola's has long been the recognized brand for restaurants, grocers, caterers, distributors and school districts throughout the state of Arizona. Its' strict attention to quality, freshness, on-time delivery and product innovation has made them a valued partner with their customers.
Contact Us For More Information About Our Products
"Rito's uses these tortilla's and they have the best burritos in town!"
- Thomas H
"They have a great history in making our tortillas for our family restaurant. Tortas Chano team thanks Mama Lola's for their quality and service."
- Roger A.
"I discovered...all varieties of tortillas (corn and flour), freshly made of high quality ingredients. They have an impressive line of offerings, including tostada shells of various colors. I left with tasty blue corn tortillas, healthy but very tasty whole wheat tortillas, and a batch of awesome tasting red child whole wheat flour tortillas. Given that their products are affordable, made without preservatives, and high quality ingredients, I can't see buying my tortillas anywhere else."
- Tony H.
"Great staff, very nice and helpful. Gluten free and organic masa available."
- Lewis P.
"I've been searching since 2001 for a good tortilla in AZ. I'm born and raised in the SF Bay area with lots of tortilla factories around. Mama Lolas is the first yellow corn tortilla that is just tortilla no MSG or other things I can't pronounce. They are thick and wonderful. They do not fall apart great for making enchiladas and tacos. We also made corn chips. This is the only tortilla I will buy from now on and I have to drive almost 15 miles from my home in far east Gilbert to superstition market to buy them!"
Submitting your information. One moment, please...