Corn Operator - Mixer
5:30am until end of shift
The Mixer will be responsible for mixing and monitoring ingredients to ensure products are mixed within specifications to produce tortillas that meets Mama Lola’s standards of quality.
To apply for this position please submit your resumé along with a cover page to briefly introduce yourself.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested in this position? Make sure you meet the requirements below.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Mixes proper ingredients at correct temperature while supplying and loading any materials needed
- Verify ingredients on the formula sheets.
- Accurately follow the formula/recipe sheets.
- Record the time and temperature of dough on the mixing control sheet.
- Rotate and use re-work dough as necessary.
- Thoroughly clean mixers according to our procedures.
- Monitor equipment verify dough on the production line, record weights.
- Follows Company, GMP and Safety policies to ensure compliance.
- Follows all food safety principles and legal requirements.
- Responsible for following safety practices such as wearing Protective Personal Equipment (PPE)
- During an emergency involving fire, flood or bodily injury go directly to the Manager on Duty and report emergency.
- Maintains the work area clean
- May perform other duties, as assigned
Active learning, active listening, verbal communications, attention to detail, judgement/decision making, troubleshooting, mechanical ability, ability to multi-task.
Building trust, commitment to continuous quality, positive attitude, respect for others, effective decision making/decisive action, communicates effectively, flexibility/adaptability to change.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Basic command of the English language is preferred but not required.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced production manufacturing environment, food industry experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of baking, mixing, machine operator, production equipment and processes or desire and ability to learn
- Must be able to read recipes, formula sheets.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement is preferred.
- Multi-tasking and ability to deal with uncertainty, make good decisions, handle pressure, provide follow through and attention to detail is necessary.
- Must have Food Handlers Card/Certification
- This position requires that you work on your feet and /or walk for over 7 hours per shift.
- Ability to work standing consistently throughout the shift with bending, reaching, twisting and lifting required periodically.
- Will frequently lift, push, pull carry and or move 50 pounds throughout shift
- Safely climb ladders no greater than 2-4 feet high.
- Plant Management
- Plant(s) employees
- Regulatory Agencies
To ensure that Mama Lola’s has a safe and hygienic approach to food management, it is important that all procedures are followed by all members of staff. All Mama Lola’s Employees must follow all Food safety requirements established by our Company.
About the company
Mama Lola's, LLC dba Mama Lola's Tortillas ("Mama Lola's") headquartered in Phoenix, AZ is a leading regional manufacturer of fresh, organic and preservative free tortillas, tortilla chips and related products.
Founded in 1987, Mama Lola's produces corn and flour tortillas in a variety of flavors, shapes, colors and sizes with the goal of producing the healthiest options at the lowest cost.
Mama Lola's has long been the recognized brand for restaurants, grocers, caterers, distributors and school districts throughout the state of Arizona. Its' strict attention to quality, freshness, on-time delivery and product innovation has made them a valued partner with their customers.