The Handyman performs a range of maintenance duties, either as a contract worker or member of the maintenance department. Their duties include fixing plumbing systems, providing repair guidance, cleaning and remodeling community spaces, and performing repair assessments.
To apply for this position please submit your resumé along with a cover page to briefly introduce yourself.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested in this position? Make sure you meet the requirements below.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Installs, operates, maintains and checks all types of mechanical equipment as directed.
- Inspects machines, takes any required test and completes reports and paperwork as required for company record.
- Read and make proper installations of semi-complex electrical circuits from wiring diagrams as instructed.
- Perform PM and repair work in accordance with A.I.B. and G.M.P requirements.
- Diagnoses and employs proper procedure of troubleshooting to determine when parts need replacement and when repairs are necessary.
- Operates mobile lift truck and hoisting equipment in the performance of maintenance work. Troubleshoots and repairs food processing and industrial machinery.
- Cleans and paints all repaired equipment as directed.
- Maintains inventory of industrial maintenance tools per department tool list (necessary personal tools of the trade)
- Completes tasks indicated on work orders, inspections and A.I.B. checklists as directed by Manager.
- Keeps work area clean. Perform cleaning of area assigned.
- Follows Company, GMP and Safety policies to ensure compliance with the HACCP program and AIB gold standard.
- Follows all food safety principles and legal requirements
- Maintains a positive and constructive work environment within the department as well as with other departments and promotes teamwork.
- Must work various shifts and hours including holidays and weekends.
- Perform basic tasks including painting and filling crevices, clean facilities and managing maintenance repairs.
- Perform repairs on company machinery, equipment or appliances.
- Detect and report the need for major maintenance repairs.
- Regularly check community spaces to identify issues with litter, mechanical failure or breakdowns.
- Repair plumbing, electrical and safety systems.
- Maintain the cleanliness of outside spaces such as parking lots and sidewalks.
- Oversee the sprinkler system and trash containers on the company premises.
- Conduct performance assessments of company appliances, such as refrigerators, microwaves, stoves, ovens and coffee makers.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Active Learning, communicate effectively, Initiative and Action Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Flexibility/Adaptability to change. Complex Problem Solving, Mathematics Judgement decision making, troubleshooting, Dependability/Attendance and Job Knowledge, Effective use of tools, Planning and Organization.
Building trust, commitment to continuous quality, positive attitude, respect for others, effective decision making/decisive action, communicates effectively, flexibility/adaptability to change.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of 2 years’ working experience in a general facility
- Knowledge in HACCP and Food Safety Programs
- Experience with some hydraulic systems, air systems, plumbing, circuits and fume/dust collectors (Preferred)
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a must
- The job duties require an employee to bend, reach, stoop, stand and/or walk for extended periods.
- Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward bending spine at the waits.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on level surface
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- The job duties require an employee to climb ladders
- The job duties require an employee to lift and/ or move heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Plant Management
- Plant (s) employees
- Regulatory Agencies
- Third Party Agencies
To ensure that Mama Lola’s has a safe and hygienic approach to food management, it is important that all procedures are followed by all members of staff. All Mama Lola’s Employees must follow all Food safety requirements established by our Company.
About the company
Mama Lola's, LLC dba Mama Lola's Tortillas ("Mama Lola's") headquartered in Phoenix, AZ is a leading regional manufacturer of fresh, organic and preservative free tortillas, tortilla chips and related products.
Founded in 1987, Mama Lola's produces corn and flour tortillas in a variety of flavors, shapes, colors and sizes with the goal of producing the healthiest options at the lowest cost.
Mama Lola's has long been the recognized brand for restaurants, grocers, caterers, distributors and school districts throughout the state of Arizona. Its' strict attention to quality, freshness, on-time delivery and product innovation has made them a valued partner with their customers.