Skip to content
Human Resource Trainer and Safety Manager
Human Resource Trainer and Safety Manager
As the HR Trainer and Safety Manager, you will play a crucial role in further developing and maintaining a comprehensive safety program while leading engaging training initiatives. From completing safety walk-throughs to leading New Hire Orientations, you'll be at the forefront of creating a culture of safety and employee development. This position requires a strong understanding of HR policies, instructional design and facilitation, along with knowledge of occupational safety regulations and OSHA standards. Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
To apply for this position please submit your resumé along with a cover page to briefly introduce yourself.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested in this position? Make sure you meet the requirements below.
- Conduct new hire orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new hires.
- Develop, implement, and manage, alongside department managers, an employee training and certification program aimed at enhancing employees’ skills and knowledge for their current roles or future advancement.
- Collaborate with department managers and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.
- Develop and organize training manuals, visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Train managers and supervisors in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive safety program and policies.
- Conduct regular safety walk-throughs to identify and address potential hazards.
- Collaborate with Facilities Engineer to ensure corrective actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Provide safety training to personnel on topics such as hazard recognition, fall protection, equipment operation, and emergency procedures.
- Lead safety committee and conduct monthly safety meetings.
- Investigate and analyze accidents, incidents, and near misses to determine root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Maintain thorough records of all safety-related incidents.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal safety regulations, as well as industry standards.
- Develop and implement emergency response plans for both Plant and Warehouse locations.
- Conduct drills to ensure the readiness of staff in all departments in case of emergencies.
- Communicate safety expectations and updates to all staff.
- Foster a culture of safety and promote awareness of the importance of safe work practices.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date safety records, including training records, inspection reports, and incident documentation.
- Generate reports to track and analyze safety performance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of employee engagement and recognition initiatives geared towards fostering a positive, safe work environment and promoting teamwork.
- Will strongly support the Company’s Food Safety Program
- Will strongly support the Company’s SQF Program
- Will strongly support the Company’s FSMA Program
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 3 or more years’ experience in safety management, preferably in a food manufacturing or production environment.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing employee training programs, specifically focused on food safety and OSHA regulations.
- Strong understanding of HR policies, workers’ compensation, OSHA regulations, and best practices in food safety.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with employees from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish is required.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution abilities.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting investigations and handling employee relations issues related to safety incidents.
- Ability to work in hot temperature environments and a fast-paced production setting.
- A flexible schedule is required. Must be available to work morning and evening shifts as needed.
As the role requires working on the production floor, physical fitness, and the ability to meet the physical demands of the job, such as standing for long periods, lifting moderate weights, and navigating the production environment, are necessary.
- $55,000 to $60,000 a year
Supplemental benefit options
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Paid Time Off
Employee Referral Program
Free tortillas on paydays
About the company
Mama Lola's, LLC dba Mama Lola's Tortillas ("Mama Lola's") headquartered in Phoenix, AZ is a leading regional manufacturer of fresh, organic and preservative free tortillas, tortilla chips and related products.
Founded in 1987, Mama Lola's produces corn and flour tortillas in a variety of flavors, shapes, colors and sizes with the goal of producing the healthiest options at the lowest cost.
Mama Lola's has long been the recognized brand for restaurants, grocers, caterers, distributors and school districts throughout the state of Arizona. Its' strict attention to quality, freshness, on-time delivery and product innovation has made them a valued partner with their customers.
"Rito's uses these tortilla's and they have the best burritos in town!"
"They have a great history in making our tortillas for our family restaurant. Tortas Chano team thanks Mama Lola's for their quality and service."
"I discovered...all varieties of tortillas (corn and flour), freshly made of high quality ingredients. They have an impressive line of offerings, including tostada shells of various colors. I left with tasty blue corn tortillas, healthy but very tasty whole wheat tortillas, and a batch of awesome tasting red child whole wheat flour tortillas. Given that their products are affordable, made without preservatives, and high quality ingredients, I can't see buying my tortillas anywhere else."
"Great staff, very nice and helpful. Gluten free and organic masa available."
"I've been searching since 2001 for a good tortilla in AZ. I'm born and raised in the SF Bay area with lots of tortilla factories around. Mama Lolas is the first yellow corn tortilla that is just tortilla no MSG or other things I can't pronounce. They are thick and wonderful. They do not fall apart great for making enchiladas and tacos. We also made corn chips. This is the only tortilla I will buy from now on and I have to drive almost 15 miles from my home in far east Gilbert to superstition market to buy them!"