As a Production Associate, you will be responsible for the overall handling and packaging of final product, ensuring that all product leaves the plant in compliance with customer specifications.
To apply for this position please submit your resumé along with a cover page to briefly introduce yourself.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested in this position? Make sure you meet the requirements below.
1. Performs all product handling activities (i.e., stacking, counting, packaging, sealing, putting bags in trays or boxes).
2. Assists in repackaging and reworking of product as directed by production supervisor.
3. Performs visual inspection of product ensuring quality is acceptable.
4. Keeps work area clean. Performs cleaning of assigned areas.
5. Assists in training new employees.
6. Provides suggestions to improve process, procedures, and department in support of company goals.
7. Follows Company’s Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to ensure compliance.
8. Follows food safety principles and legal requirements.
9. Maintains a positive and constructive work environment within the department as well as with other departments and promotes teamwork.
10. Works in a safe manner, observing all occupational safety requirements.
11. Able to work in all areas of production (i.e., press, corn, fry line, masa and nixtamal).
12. Other duties as assigned.
Effective use of Tools, Continuous Learning and Development, Communication skills, Interpersonal skills, Effective Problem-solving skills, Attention to Detail, Positive Attitude/Enthusiasm, Teamwork Skills, Dependability, Flexible/Adaptable to Change.
a) High school diploma or equivalent
b) Previous experience in a food production or manufacturing environment is preferred.
c) Valid AZ Food Handlers Certificate or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire.
d) Knowledge of occupational safety practices
e) Ability to read, write, and communicate clearly
f) Ability to stand for long periods of time.
g) Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50lbs.
h) Ability to operate manual pallet jack.
i) Flexibility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
j) Ability to work in high temperature work environments.
k) Availability to work flexible shifts, including weekends and holidays as needed.
$16.50 per hour
Health insurance coverage
Paid time off and holidays
Opportunities for career growth and advancement within the company
Mama Lola's, LLC dba Mama Lola's Tortillas ("Mama Lola's") headquartered in Phoenix, AZ is a leading regional manufacturer of fresh, organic and preservative free tortillas, tortilla chips and related products.
Founded in 1987, Mama Lola's produces corn and flour tortillas in a variety of flavors, shapes, colors and sizes with the goal of producing the healthiest options at the lowest cost.
Mama Lola's has long been the recognized brand for restaurants, grocers, caterers, distributors and school districts throughout the state of Arizona. Its' strict attention to quality, freshness, on-time delivery and product innovation has made them a valued partner with their customers.
Submitting your information. One moment, please...