Operates food production lines in accordance with work instructions to produce quality products made within established specifications.
To apply for this position please submit your resumé along with a cover page to briefly introduce yourself.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested in this position? Make sure you meet the requirements below.
1. Receives information from management on product to be produced.
2. Maintains close communication with Operations and Production Manager regarding product parameters, and dough consistency.
3. Measures, records, and adjusts machine and oven temperatures to maintain product consistency and appearance with specifications.
4. Maintains product weight within specifications.
5. Constantly monitors the appearance of the product and takes the necessary corrective actions to maintain it within specifications.
6. Properly fills out all records and reports, in accordance with applicable work instructions.
7. Reprocesses product as appropriate.
8. Verifies equipment is in good working condition.
9. Assists in the training of new employees.
10. Completes end of shift tasks such as disconnect machinery, store tools, shut down gas in ovens, etc.
11. Responsible for following safety practices such as wearing Protective Personal Equipment (PPE).
12. Provides suggestions to improve process, procedures, and department in support of company goals.
13. Follows company, GMP’s, and safety policies to ensure compliance.
14. Follows all food safety principles and legal requirements.
15. Maintains a positive and constructive work environment within the department as well as with the other departments and promotes teamwork.
16. Other duties, as assigned.
Effective use of Tools, Continuous Learning and Development, Communication skills, Interpersonal skills, Effective Problem-solving skills, Attention to Detail, Positive Attitude/Enthusiasm, Teamwork Skills, Dependability, Flexible/Adaptable to Change.
a) High school diploma or equivalent
b) Minimum 1-year experience working as a machine operator or equivalent for a food manufacturing company.
c) Valid AZ Food Handlers Certificate or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire.
d) Knowledge in HACCP and food safety programs
e) Ability to read and write
f) Ability to stand for long periods of time.
g) Ability to lift, push, pull up to 50lbs.
h) Knowledge of occupational safety practices.
i) Ability to work in high temperature work environments.
j) Flexibility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
k) Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
Must be available to work morning or afternoon shifts with weekends and overtime as needed.
$18 to $20 per hour
Health insurance coverage
Paid time off and holidays
Opportunities for career growth and advancement within the company
Mama Lola's, LLC dba Mama Lola's Tortillas ("Mama Lola's") headquartered in Phoenix, AZ is a leading regional manufacturer of fresh, organic and preservative free tortillas, tortilla chips and related products.
Founded in 1987, Mama Lola's produces corn and flour tortillas in a variety of flavors, shapes, colors and sizes with the goal of producing the healthiest options at the lowest cost.
Mama Lola's has long been the recognized brand for restaurants, grocers, caterers, distributors and school districts throughout the state of Arizona. Its' strict attention to quality, freshness, on-time delivery and product innovation has made them a valued partner with their customers.
Submitting your information. One moment, please...