2nd Shift: 2pm until the end of shift
The Production Supervisors ensures the plant operates smoothly, safely and efficiently to produce a quality product that meets the needs of the customer.
To apply for this position please submit your resumé along with a cover page to briefly introduce yourself.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested in this position? Make sure you meet the requirements below.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervises daily production team by confirming, delegating, coordinating and informing crew of the processing of orders.
- Responsible for production of tortillas within the specified quality requirements.
- Maintain adequate stock levels to ensure adequate production of corn and flour products.
- Ensures all quality specifications are followed and issues corrective actions on non-conforming product.
- Communicates any issues during shift, across all levels, as appropriate (e.g. production orders, safety hazards, etc.)
- Reports to the maintenance Manager any damage, breaks or missing parts that can slow dow production or damage the product.
- Assigns personnel to ensure the production of quality products.
- Maintaining a positive, professional, and friendly attitude towards all employees.
- Orients new employees and trains on department related activities.
- Maintain operations in compliance with SOP, GMP, FDA and other product quality standards
- Monitor baking process and tortilla appearance at all times.
- Follows production schedules as indicated.
- Proactively maintains a safe work environment.
- Investigate any safety accidents in a timely manner.
- Ensures a smooth transition between first and second shift by communicating the status of all equipment, batches, change-overs, staffing, quality alerts, and production against schedule.
- Review employee punches and payroll issues with Human Resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Will strongly support Food Safety Program
- Will strongly support SQF Program
- Will strongly support FSMA Program
- In the absence of the Production Supervisor, the Production Manager, will perform the Production Supervisor duties.
Continuous learning and Development, Ethics and Integrity, Initiative and Action Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Flexibility/Adaptability to change. Positive Attitude/Enthusiasm, Communicates effectively, Dependability/Attendance and Job Knowledge.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be open to and practice cultural sensitivity and ability to relate well and effectively with employees of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in food manufacturing is preferred.
- AA/AS degree in Business or Manufacturing is preferred
- Must work various shifts and hours including holidays and weekends
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
About the company
Mama Lola's, LLC dba Mama Lola's Tortillas ("Mama Lola's") headquartered in Phoenix, AZ is a leading regional manufacturer of fresh, organic and preservative free tortillas, tortilla chips and related products.
Founded in 1987, Mama Lola's produces corn and flour tortillas in a variety of flavors, shapes, colors and sizes with the goal of producing the healthiest options at the lowest cost.
Mama Lola's has long been the recognized brand for restaurants, grocers, caterers, distributors and school districts throughout the state of Arizona. Its' strict attention to quality, freshness, on-time delivery and product innovation has made them a valued partner with their customers.