The Quality Assurance Manager will lead the food safety and quality programs in assuring compliance, adherence to regulatory requirements and operational efficiencies to the products produced. Ensures best practice and application of SQF, GMP’s, HAACP, food safety, and all other such standards of the plant. Develops and maintains quality assurance standards to ensure continuous improvement in operations processes. Creates common business-specific quality metrics and standards, and tracks improvement against these metrics. Manages quality improvement activities or programs and will define objectives leading to high quality standards of our products. Coordinates with operations department to identify and implement quality enhancements. Will be up to date with the latest regulatory requirements and defined standard procedures and policies within the food industry. This position reports to the President.
To apply for this position please submit your resumé along with a cover page to briefly introduce yourself.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested in this position? Make sure you meet the requirements below.
• Strong ability to manage cross-functionally and drive support for Food Safety & Quality initiatives with all leaders in the facility.
• Minimum 5-year experience in a Food Safety and Quality Assurance Managerial role in the food manufacturing industry
• Certified Preventative Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) is preferred. If not certified, must be able to obtain certification within 60 days of the hire date.
• A qualified SQF Practitioner is preferred.
• Bi-lingual (Spanish / English) is preferred but not required.
• Balanced technical skill set with demonstrated track record of accomplishments in Food Safety and Quality.
• Ability to lead through the influence of others to drive commitment to process compliance and continuous improvement.
• Must be a strong advocate of compliance, an experienced trainer, and an accomplished manager of technical resources with a proven record in building and motivating successful FS&Q efforts.
• Required in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and their interpretation such as current Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), Good Laboratory Practices, Safe Quality Foods, FDA Regulations, USDA Regulations, FSMA Program, Risked-based Preventative Controls, Stability Guidelines, Sanitation practices and Sanitary Design as it relates to food manufacturing.
• Knowledge of Organic and Kosher certifications.
• Food Safety Manager credential.
• Must possess sound reasoning ability, analytical, and creative skills to investigate problems to recommend and implement solutions.
• Efficient computer skills: a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Dynamics and Teams are required. Familiarity with web-based programs is preferred including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Power Point and Access).
• Bachelor’s degree in an applicable science discipline or Equivalent Experience required.
Shift times will vary based on Company needs. A flexible work schedule is required, with weekends and overtime as needed.
$90,000 to $100,000 per year
Supplemental benefit options
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
Employee Referral Bonus
Free tortillas on paydays
Mama Lola's, LLC dba Mama Lola's Tortillas ("Mama Lola's") headquartered in Phoenix, AZ is a leading regional manufacturer of fresh, organic and preservative free tortillas, tortilla chips and related products.
Founded in 1987, Mama Lola's produces corn and flour tortillas in a variety of flavors, shapes, colors and sizes with the goal of producing the healthiest options at the lowest cost.
Mama Lola's has long been the recognized brand for restaurants, grocers, caterers, distributors and school districts throughout the state of Arizona. Its' strict attention to quality, freshness, on-time delivery and product innovation has made them a valued partner with their customers.
Submitting your information. One moment, please...