The Senior Accountant position plays a critical role in the growth and expansion of Mama Lola’s. This role will assist in all areas of financial reporting, analysis, budgeting, payroll, and cash-flow. This position requires experience in detailed analysis and reports to manage financial transactions and information. Other aspects of the position include financial reconciliations and process flow management.
This is a hands-on position, in a fast-paced work environment, that presents an opportunity to significantly impact a growing company. Candidates should be highly motivated self-starters and excel in the satisfaction that comes from making a difference daily.
To apply for this position please submit your resumé along with a cover page to briefly introduce yourself.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested in this position? Make sure you meet the requirements below.
- Assist and lead daily accounting activities.
- Assist with all aspects of financial reporting, including monthly and yearly internal and external financial statements and preparation of year end audited results.
- Assist with preparation of draft of Monthly Financial Statements
- Responsible for executing monthly journal entries.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate General Ledger (GL) details and monthly account reconciliations.
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory management of both raw and finished goods.
- Accurately report COGS by product and material on a monthly basis.
- Assist Sales department in preparation and review of Customer profitability and bid preparation.
- Oversees accounts payable transactions ensuring proper GL coding and approvals for invoices.
- Assists with annual 1099 preparation and vendor maintenance for the company.
- Oversees billings to customers ensuring timely, accurate invoicing and billbacks/promotions as well as follow up on delinquent accounts.
- Assure monthly bank and cash reconciliations are completed accurately and timely.
- Monitor and forecast cash flows.
- Oversee management of the company credit cards, reporting, and monthly reconciliation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive accounting experience
- Strong working knowledge of GL, AP, AR, and banking processes
- Must have experience with Accrual Accounting
- In depth knowledge of manufacturing or food is a plus
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Self-motivator with the ability to work as a part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Organized and Self-disciplined
- Competency and proficiency in MS Office Suite, and Microsoft Dynamics, along with a general knowledge of EDI transactions required.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
$80,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
About the company
Mama Lola's, LLC dba Mama Lola's Tortillas ("Mama Lola's") headquartered in Phoenix, AZ is a leading regional manufacturer of fresh, organic and preservative free tortillas, tortilla chips and related products.
Founded in 1987, Mama Lola's produces corn and flour tortillas in a variety of flavors, shapes, colors and sizes with the goal of producing the healthiest options at the lowest cost.
Mama Lola's has long been the recognized brand for restaurants, grocers, caterers, distributors and school districts throughout the state of Arizona. Its' strict attention to quality, freshness, on-time delivery and product innovation has made them a valued partner with their customers.