Quality Assurance Specialist oversees operations in the Quality department. The QA Specialist will monitor the facility operation to ensure compliance requirements, SQF, GMP’s food safety, Document Control and all other such standards of the plant. S/he will collaborate and work with the production team to assure that proper checks are in place and communicate on a regular [daily] basis regarding results. Will be accountable to training, preparing for audits, documenting results in record keeping database. The QA Specialist is responsible for partnering with the rest of the organization to consistently supply products that exceed customer and consumer expectation. This position reports to the Production Manager and in their absence will be report to the COO and/or QA Lead or designee.
- Review daily activities to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Monitors and guarantee that products are being manufactured in conformance with Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety Practices. Provides training and support; as well as enforcement to the Food Safety Program.
- Monitors Plant Quality System requirements
- Conducted random Analysis for product weight, appearance, flavor, formulation, etc.
- Conducted daily visual Food Safety Inspection during the shift.
- Assist team when Quality Issues arise
- Provide consistent & uniform communication with all departments
- Supports the daily activities of the employees and assures the proper training in Safety, Food Safety and Quality System.
- Assist in special projects and generates summary.
- Support in Safety Program and corrective actions
- Review and update work aids (procedures, Forms, programs, manuals).
- Will strongly support Food Safety, SQF, AIB, FSMA, other Programs
- Ensure the integrity of the SQF system
- Ensure the integrity of Document Control
- Communicate to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF system.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Quality Assurance Experience
- 1-3 or more years as a Quality Technician in food industry or similar technician roles or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge in Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Working knowledge of HCCP standards and SQF experience is highly preferred.
- Computer Literacy, Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel,Outlook).
- Effective communication skills to include reading, writing, and understand team members Spanish language and or instructions
- Must have a high aptitude for mathematics to include but not limited to simple math calculations, conversion rates (lbs, g-oz) and creating and or using formulas to compute rates.
- Must be available to work on weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) Required