Red Chile Chicken Chilaquiles
- 1 Package Mama Lola's White Ranchera Tortillas
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 5 Hot Chile pods
- 1 or 2 Chile de arbol
- 1 queso fresco
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 medium white onion
- Garlic clove
- Epazote leaves
- Canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut tortillas into squares and fry in oil, until tortillas are crisp and golden brown.
- Roast tomatoes and Chile pod, and later put in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Grind tomatoes, Chile pod, Chile de arbol, garlic and salt (salsa).
- Cook chicken breast with onion and salt. When cooked, shred the chicken.
- In a large pan, heat the oil and stir the salsa carefully, cook the salsa for few minutes and add tortillas and shredded chicken.
- Add cheese, sour cream and onions.