The transporter-driver will deliver finished products to and from the plant to warehouse in refrigerated truck. Must be able to load, unload and stag and organized load on truck for delivery using both a pallet jack on truck and forklift. Maintain professional relationship with production team and warehouse personnel through the delivery cycle of our products. Will perform other warehouse and plant duties such as staging, cling wrapping, storing and ensuring all production product is accounted for whether using a tablet or device to maintain inventory of material/product being deliver to and from plant and warehouse.
• Load truck accurately and safely for delivery run to and from plant and warehouse
• Unload truck as needed at plant and or warehouse.
• Drive company vehicle or lease truck to make product deliveries.
• Perform vehicle inspection as required. Maintain presentable truck appearance, cleaning as needed.
• Take inventory of products, and report all counts via tablets and internet connection.
• Perform warehouse duties such as staging, cling wrapping of boxes,
• Engage with production supervisors and warehouse teammember in ensuring all product is accounted for
• Ensure all products and materials from warehouse are accounted for and properly stored, disposed of waste products accordingly
• Drive forklift to load and unload products as needed
• Perform all job responsibilities in a safe and timely manner.
• Follows Company, GMP and Safety policies to ensure compliance.
• Follows food safety principles and legal requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School or GED equivalent, prefer AA degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 2 Years driving box trucks, refrigerated or leased trucks experience
• Clean driving record (Minimum of 3 years); individuals should provide a copy of the MVD record upon applying
• Working knowledge of data tablets or laptops for recording and maintaining invoices, product inventory/count, etc.,
• Must be able to work up to six (6) consecutively and most holidays as required.
• Reliable and a stable work history is essential.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Bilingual is a plus